Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 87

Today was rainy all day. But not stormy or anything. Just wet.

It was really sunny when I left the house. I love rain. There are three things I like about it that refer to the senses and one thing I don't that refers to another sense which is really another.

Sight: I love the sight of rain. The patterns in the puddles and the rain raining on metal things are really cool. Even after the rain. I took a picture of a wet deck candle after rain and it adds a lot of effect and accents the objects in the picture. Someday I want to take a picture of the waves in the curbs of the edges of streets where the water leads itself to the sewer, but I don't want to stand in the rain with a camera.

Smell: The smell of rain, whether before, during, or after really is the smell of spring. With the smell of rain, you know that flowers will be blooming and trees will be turning green.

Sound: The sound of rain, not the sound of thunder, but the sound of rain tapping on the skylights are nice. I don;t know why, but I love hearing the rain.

There's one thing that I hate about the rain that refers to another of the senses, but really is another one.

Taste: I do not want to try to taste the rain because I hate being in it without an umbrella. I love the sight, sound, and smell, but not that taste. And the taste of rain is really the feel. If I get caught in the rain without an umbrella, I hate that. Sure I'm looking at it, smelling it, and hearing it, but it's wetting my hair and even my clothes. I take showers all the time, but that's different. It's like taking a shower when you don't want one at the time and you're in clothes, too. Obviously I am not one to dance in the rain or sing in it while twirling on a light post.

Currently listening: the soundtrack to the movie version of Chicago

No comments:

Post a Comment