Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day 3

Today's blog is all about fashion. And one of the great things about Spring - new trends.

As a straight male, I still pay attention to see what's being worn around the streets and whether it works for them or not. I saw some pictures of Saturday Night Live Jason Sudeikis in GQ once and he was sporting plaid all over. Naturally, I took it as thanks to me. I brought plaid back. While Justin Timberlake brought sexy back, I brought the plaid back.

I took a quiz recently about what my fashion style is. Out of just casual, kind of sporty, rock-style, or boho, I got boho because apparently I like mixing and matching with neutral colors. I wear neutral colors, but I also add other colors. And I try to look more casual most of the time.

However, I always wear shirts with collars because I fear that a shirt without a collar on it will make my neck look long. So everything is OK if I have collars.

The things I hate about fashion, some summerwear. Polo shirts and shorts? Good match. Shorts paired with sandals? Really?! Sandals are better won with pants and shorts are better worn with socks and shoes. Socks and sandals? Eh. I wear sandals in summer as long as I have some pants on. I never wear shorts. My legs are not that great looking.

And jackets. I am all for jackets. These days I've been wearing a varsity-style jacket, felt chests but leather sleeves. It's not a varsity jacket, it's a varsity-style jacket because it's not meant for a school. And when April comes, that's denim jacket weather. And in May, that's when "no jacket" weather starts for me. Though, I still wearing a denim jacket in summer nights, though.

The varsity-style jacket comes back in September or October, depending on when it actually gets cold again.

So, collars, summerwear, jackets, now accessories.

The only accessory I sport every single day are my black, plastic Tommy Hillfiger glasses. I would throw in a unisex necklace every now and then during Spring through Summer. And maybe a ring. And hats. I usually do baseball caps. It took me forever to find a good newsboy cap because I never really tried to pull one off. I finally got a nice one during the days when I wore my winter corduroy jacket, but haven't worn it for a while because it goes better with my denim jacket. I am into baseball caps, but not for a specific team. Only baseball-style caps.

I think I pretty much covered everything about fashion for this post. More things will come up later when it comes to Fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment