Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 8

This is the housework post. I didn't do any today, but I'm still good at it.

I sweep, and clean, and wash, and brush, but not too perfectly. I didn't know that in some cases, you actually have to get on your hands and knees. That just looks painful. I'm all for a clean house, but I don't like to do the cleaning. I'd rather just do the living.

I'm the type to freak out from a bug and then trap it under a coffee mug. Nothing wrong with that. If they're on a wall or something, I'll just crush them and clean the bug guts off the wall.

It's not like I sweep the floor and then sweep it under a rug. I just throw it away.

Don't get me started on yardwork. No way would I do that. Kneeling down in the dirt and getting all gross and filthy? Really? It's like planting, but instead of putting in flowers, you're pulling out weeds. And shoveling just aches my back. Whenever I shovel, I'm stuck in a hunched position and when I try to straighten up, it hurts, so I try to get back into the one I was just used to and that hurts.

Raking is just the same kind of discomfort. Not physically, but when I raked a whole patio, a huge patio, I rake into little piles. But then the piles begin to separate from the wind. And after putting them back together, they just blow away again. I usually get fed up when I've done each pile three times.

I don't mind cleaning if I'm standing up, but I can't kneel down too much or be able to reach high places.

No comments:

Post a Comment