Friday, May 13, 2011

Day 54

I didn't forget to blog last night. I thing Blogspot was down for a few hours therefore making me unable to post. But I didn't forget.

So now I have to skip Day 53, and make this Day 54. I hope to end with 85-95 posts by June 20th. Hence "Roughly 90...".

I saw Magnolia today. Someone lent it to me. And I'm glad I started watching it when I did. I began watching it around 9:45 this morning. I rewound a few parts throughout and paused for a few minutes, and it was almost 1:00. It was so long. It was OK, too.

This isn't one of those movies where I loved it from the start. A rare case was American Beauty. It had a good storyline and good characters with unique and heartbreaking stories. I just didn't get the scene with the frogs right away, but then found out on IMDb. But it was interesting to see how characters were connected through each other. I guess that Paul Thomas Anderson for you.

It was OK, but not something I would see again anytime soon. My brother lent it to me and I lent him American Beauty. They're not exactly the same, but they do have metaphorical storylines. And that's what I love about American Beauty.

Currently listening: "She's Always a Woman to Me" -Billy Joel. There's a funny story about this song. I'm not sure if I told it or not, but I'll tell it again anyways, tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment